Author Topic: Changing the server names  (Read 166 times)

Quimoth

Changing the server names
« on: March 13, 2017, 11:32:21 AM »
I think we/you could do some work on bring more unity into the naming of the servers.

Personally I think that we could avoid getting german trolls, which I've encountered more then once, by giving all servers the [ENG],[EU] or [UK] tag instead of NO GERMANS. I play less on server 2 with the [ENG] tag but I do feel like there are less RDM groups joining that server. Not to mention that NO GERMAN! is often read as GERMAN!.

Another point which I feel I have to make is the fact that the no plugins server does have plugins. It really doesn't keep players playing if your server name doesn't represent what the server really is. Any item in the Detective/Traitor shop with a C is custom. I do not think we have to remove those plugins, just be clear in the server name that it does have plugins. I do think it wouldn't hurt having 1 server without the golden deagle since I feel like a lot of people really hate our servers for the golden deagle. I can't even remember a single week without me discussing the golden deagle rules or the thing as a whole with some of the players.

I would imagine the servers to be named like:
[ENG] Oldschool TTT #1 | No downloads | Golden deagle | English only!
[ENG] Oldschool TTT #2 | Xtra plugins | FastDL | English only!
[ENG] Oldschool TTT #3 | Xtra plugins | 24/7 fun | English only!

This gets rid of a few often made misconceptions about our servers.

A short note on how I found this server:
When I first started playing on the oldschoolttt servers I was drawn by server 1 for a specific reason. It said: No stupid plugins! NO GERMAN!

Since in general it has become impossible for me to filter for any decent number of english servers I was glad I finally got my hands on one. The plugin part played a role as most servers do not provide a plugin pack, which in my case always results in hours of loading into a server (my PC has limitted RAM)

TL;DR;

I think the servers and our community would benefit from more uniform naming of servers (details in post)

sebbe145

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Changing the server names
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 12:59:06 PM »
I do agree in some ways, The server 2 one was only meant to be there temporarily but we kept it since we had no better idea. The name switch would make it easier not to get confused aswell. +1

Quimoth

Re: Changing the server names
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 03:24:42 PM »
I do think that the NO GERMAN! part is a majro downside of all our servers. People tend to not read the NO part. If they do read it they can take it as an offense and invite some friends to do mass RDM.